Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Holy Crap!


I took Calvin to his first pediatrician's appointment yesterday, and Carly came along to keep me company.

As the doctor took off Calvin's diaper, he did the predictable and suddenly needed the diaper.  We recovered him and waited.  But he really had to go, and filled the diaper and the exam table.  Once we thought he was done, we stripped him down the rest of the way and got started cleaning him up.  But newly uncovered, Calvin decided he needed to go again.  In a projectile kinda way.  Before we knew it, he poop cannoned the wall, floor, pediatrician in her nice suit and heels.

Carly, who was quietly coloring on the other side of the room, exclaimed "Holy Crap!!"
"What?" I asked.
"Holy crap!" she repeated.
 "Carly, we don't say that!" I scolded.
"But mom," she protested, "that's a LOT of crap!"

I think it's kinda sad that I was so excited to get home and tell Marshall this story.  I just knew he'd be so proud- of both of his kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment